Capability Growth. NASGRO is always growing and improving. We have a large development team (about ten people at SwRI or NASA) and a large development and support budget (totaling about $2M per year). A new NASGRO production version is released about once each year. Our large user base (thousands of users worldwide) provides suggestions for new features and helps us to identify and resolve bugs.
Recent Enhancements. Recent enhancements in the current version 10.0 include:
- New K solution for through crack at interference fit hole
- New K solution for through crack in T-section
- New K solution for through crack between two unequal holes
- New K solution for two corner cracks at every hole in row of holes
- New K solution for corner crack at knee of countersunk hole
- New weight function K solution for external surface crack in sphere
- Machined (cut) thread option added to K solution for surface crack in threaded cylinder
- New option to compute failure stress in NASFAD module
- New NASFLA GUI options to plot da/dN for multiple materials or multiple temperatures
A PDF flyer describing the current version can be downloaded here.
Previous Versions. Summaries of new features and enhancements in previous versions are available in the release notes for each version.
Future Development. Major new features planned for version 10.1 include:
- New K solution for two corner cracks at one hole in row of holes
- New weight function K solution for offset internal curved through crack
- Finite width and hole offset effects added to K solution for through crack between unequal holes
- New weight function K solution for internal surface crack in sphere
- Bending restraint added to selected through crack K solutions
- Improved weight function K solutions for through or surface crack at hole
Plans for future versions include:
- Additional K solutions for curved through cracks
- Superposition methods for time-dependent crack growth
- FAD and shakedown implementation for multi-temperature analysis
- Approximate (compounding) method for multi-site damage
- Additional K solutions for other unique geometries
Or call +1 210 522 3323.