NASGRO is always growing and improving. We have a large development team (about ten people at SwRI or NASA) and a large development and support budget (totaling about $2M per year). A new NASGRO production version is released about once each year. Our large user base (thousands of users worldwide) provides suggestions for new features and helps us to identify and resolve bugs.
Recent enhancements in the current version 10.1 include:
- New K solution for curved through crack (offset) in finite width plate
- New K solution for two corner cracks at single hole in row of holes
- New weight function K solution for internal surface crack in hollow sphere
- Finite width and hole offset added to K solution for through crack between unequal diameter holes
- Improved weight function K solution for one or two surface cracks at hole
- Improved weight function K solutions for one or two surface cracks at hole
- Spectrum editing capability expanded to different load inputs
- Graphical user interface upgrades to accommodate different screen resolutions
A PDF flyer describing the current version can be downloaded here.
Summaries of new features and enhancements in previous versions are available in the release notes for each version.
Major new features planned for version 10.2 include:
- FAD and shakedown implementation for multi-temperature analysis
- New K solution for one corner crack at one hole in row of holes
- New weight function K solution for internal surface crack in hollow cylinder
- New K solution for two curved through cracks at every hole in row of holes
- New K solutions for corner cracks at pressure vessel nozzles
- New bivariant remote stress capabilities for corner crack at offset hole
- New K solution for surface crack in a notched round bar
Plans for future versions include:
- Additional K solutions for curved through cracks
- Superposition methods for time-dependent crack growth
- Advanced methods for multi-temperature fatigue crack growth
- Approximate (compounding) method for multi-site damage
- Additional K solutions for interference or clearance fit pin-loaded holes
- Additional K solutions for other unique geometries
Or call +1 210 522 3323.