Bioburden screening, or microbial limit testing, examines the quality control of produced products or evaluates the efficacy of procedures to remove microorganisms and maintain a level of cleanliness. Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) applies bioburden monitoring techniques such as adenosine triphosphate (ATP) bioluminescence, plate counts, membrane filtration, microscopy, most probable number and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to determine levels of microbial contamination.
Sterility Testing & Bioburden Monitoring Services
We apply sterility testing, bioburden testing and bioburden monitoring services to several areas, including:
- Buildings & cleanrooms
- Medical devices, solutions, and raw materials
- NASA/JPL-certified laboratory for payload Planetary Protection testing
- Environmental assessments (soil, drinking/ground/receiving and wastewater, air, exposed substrates)
- Investigative research and development of food-borne or material-based microbial contaminates
- Oil and gas
- Air cleaners
- Biological Evaluations
- Microbiology and Virology Laboratory Services
- Medical Device Design
- Medical Device Development and Testing
Or call Spring Cabiness at +1 210 522 6229.