The 5S methodology is the cornerstone of creating discipline in the workplace and forms the foundation for all workplace improvements. 5S has only a little to do with creating a clean and tidy work area where everything is neat, near-by, and easy and fast to get to. That is indeed what you see when you go to a great 5S work managed operation, but that is not the only benefit of 5S. 5S is there to help you do perfect work every time. 5S is really about:
- Preventing mistakes, scrap and rework that ruins jobs.
- Making sure equipment is reliable and working properly to make a quality item every time.
- Removing and preventing useless variation in work activities and machine performance.
- Delivering exact quality products and service ever more quickly.
- Keeping people and plants safe from hazards and harm.
The course, using a hands-on simulation and a variety of practical examples, highlights the benefits possible when 5S is deployed correctly and explains each of the 5 S’s (sort, set in order, shine, standardize and sustain) in detail.
June 20, 2023
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Southwest Research Institute
6220 Culebra Road
$200 (individual online registration required)
June 15, 2023 at Noon