The course introduces high-level strategy and concepts while giving practical tools necessary to solve operations and supply chain problems. You will gain insights into how good supply chain management offers a competitive advantage. We will look at the dangers of poor operations and supply chain management, and how it can damage an organization’s overall health and performance. Using a strategic framework, we work through all of the key drivers of supply chain performance, including operations, facilities, inventory, transportation, information, sourcing, and pricing.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding operations and the supply chain
- Achieving strategic fit in the supply chain
- Supply chain drivers and metrics
- Network design
- Demand forecasting
- Aggregate planning
- Sales and operations planning (S&OP) or integrated business planning (IBP)
- Managing economies of scale - cycle inventory
- Managing uncertainty - safety inventory
This course is offered by the Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center (TMAC), a program of Southwest Research Institute.
Mondays and Wednesdays, 10:00am – 12:00pm, for 5 weeks
Starts September 18 and ends October 18, 2023
$499 per registrant
For more information, please contact Sandra Hawkins.