Southwest Research Institute® (SwRI®) performs steady state and transient modeling of gas networks and compressor stations to determine if the system will safely meet the design requirements. These analyses have been utilized for:
- Transient analyses
- Centrifugal compressor surge control system design
- Startup and shutdown
- Transmission pipeline/facility hydraulic evaluation
- Design and optimization of new installations
- Modifications of existing facilities
- Hydraulic operation issues
- Delivery predictions under various operating conditions
- System reliability
- Pressure limits
- Temperature limits
- Surge margin
- System capacity
- Root cause failure analyses
- Valve manifold transient pressure and flow predictions
- Compressor failures related to fluid/structure vibrations
- Pipeline ruptures
Field troubleshooting and benchmarking services can also be provided.
Contact us for more information about our gas network and compressor station analyses, or how you can contract with SwRI. To contract with SwRI, please contact the Machinery Services Hotline at +1 210 522 3000.
For more information, contact Ben White at +1 210 522 2554.