Gas turbine inlet air quality is controlled through the proper application of air filtration systems. High quality filtered air prevents gas turbine failures and performance degradation for a variety of climates and environments. Each gas turbine installation has unique air filtration requirements that must be carefully considered. SwRI Machinery Program engineers can assist you with your gas turbine inlet filtration challenges. SwRI engineers provide client assistance in filtration system selection, system design audits, and root cause failure analyses.
Filter Selection/Design Audit
- Design of filter system from commercially available selections
- Environmental and performance considerations
- Audit of existing design for local environmental conditions
- Audit/review of proposed designs
- Failure analysis of existing loaded filters or filter system designs
- Site evaluations to assess environmental conditions and possible contaminants
Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Assessment of initial cost
- Estimate of maintenance costs, as well as availability and reliability
- Prediction of gas turbine performance degradation
- Overall system performance/ efficiency analysis
- Complete cost of ownership analysis over appropriate timeframe
To contract with SwRI, please contact the Machinery Services Hotline at +1 210 522 3000.
For more information, contact David L. Ransom or call +1 210 522 5281.