The Emerging Technologies Section in the Defense and Intelligence Solutions Division at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) provided specialized hardware, software, firmware, testing and analysis to government and commercial clients in areas such as spectrum surveillance, signal exploitation and electromagnetic protection.
Technical strengths include:
- Software-defined radio application development with open platform hardware and software tools for portability and scalability
- Realtime high performance logic and firmware development for modern communication and radar waveforms
- RF/microwave distribution and switching solutions for arrays of reconfigurable radio resources
- Low SWaP (size, weight and power) radio array hardware using state-of-the-art RF system-on-chip integrated-circuit technology
- Board-level high-speed embedded digital radio circuit design, development and fabrication
- Multi-node network radio and radar signal environment emulation